We built the Detect test to ensure that you have access to rapid, PCR-quality Covid-19 testing in your home, so you can keep your loved ones and community safe. But what happens when you test positive? How can you get the care and potential treatment you need quickly and easily?
To solve for this common challenge, Detect is partnering with Carbon Health, a leading national healthcare provider, to launch Test to Treat at Home, an integrated service within the Detect App that provides an end-to-end solution for people to test for Covid-19 with a highly sensitive rapid molecular test and then get direct access to medical care and antiviral treatment (if eligible) – all from the comfort of your home in a matter of hours, not days.
Read more about how Detect and Carbon Health’s partnership is expanding nationwide access to Test to Treat in The New York Times.
While home testing is now the preferred way to test for Covid-19, remember that not all home tests are created equal. Rapid molecular tests like Detect provide a unique benefit for Test to Treat. As a highly sensitive PCR-quality test, Detect can identify an infection early, providing the opportunity to start Covid-19 treatment when it is most effective.
Thanks to the Biden Administration’s investment in high-quality home tests and lifesaving antiviral medications, our new integrated service within the Detect App can bring treatment quickly to the Detect test users who need it the most without hassle or delay.
“By combining our PCR-quality home test with Carbon Health's strong national healthcare network, we can accelerate and expand access to Covid-19 care and antiviral treatment. With Test to Treat at Home, there is an opportunity to meet people where they are - at home - and utilize seamless technological integrations to solve the current operational challenge of getting tests and treatment to people who need them.” - Hugo Barra, CEO of Detect, Inc.
How does Test to Treat at Home work?
- Start by using a Detect Covid-19 Test™. Our tests are available for purchase on Detect.com. We offer nationwide next-day delivery as well as two-hour and same-day delivery in the Los Angeles metro area (we will be extending same-day delivery to more cities soon).
- Detect’s test provides PCR-quality results in one hour. If positive (or negative and experiencing symptoms), you can connect directly with Carbon Health’s telehealth or in-person primary care clinic. Go to Carbon Health straight from the Detect App to schedule your appointment.
- The Carbon Health service is covered by most major health insurance plans. During the appointment, you may receive a care plan that includes an antiviral prescription, if you are deemed eligible based on your health history, test results, and current medications.
- If you are eligible for antiviral treatment, such as Paxlovid or Molnupiravir, your Carbon Health clinician will ensure you have same-day access to the medication and support with follow-up care. Patients can choose to receive their prescription from a Carbon Heath clinic or choose same-day pickup or delivery via a nearby pharmacy location.*
- Get better! This entire process can be done in hours - not days - which has a significant benefit for your health. Carbon’s network of medical professionals are also available for post-treatment consults when necessary.
As many experts have said, Test to Treat can be this pandemic’s endgame, but only if individuals get the treatment they need when they need it. There is tremendous opportunity to improve Test to Treat infrastructure today, and we see Detect’s integrated end-to-end system combining rapid molecular home testing with a national healthcare partner as a good first step. We hope this service provides Detect test users with the treatment and medical care they need, so they can focus on getting healthy and back to their family, friends, and community.
*Participating Carbon Health clinics in Alabama, California, Colorado, Pennsylvania and New Jersey offer in-person appointments and pickup of antiviral treatment. In areas without a Carbon Health clinic, Carbon is partnering with nationwide pharmacy chains to ensure same-day pickup or delivery. Carbon Health and its partner pharmacies are benefiting from the Biden Administration’s national Test to Treat supply of medication, and they are ensuring that all locations across the country are stocked and ready to dispense antivirals to people in need.